Monday 7 October 2013

Chicken Kiev

I get bored easily so grilled chicken is never really going to excite me...I love dinners I can throw together really quickly, but they're just so damn delicious that you feel like a hero for eating so well, and not having spent your whole evening in the kitchen..

I'm in a great mood today... strangely smiley Diane, but still fancied something tasty and comforting and grain free, primal Chicken Kiev has been on my mind for a while... 



I feel like a fraud sometimes for posting such simple recipes... but you know what? I think we all need ideas so we don't get stuck in a salad rut, and if they're simple and delicious it's so much better! 

Chicken Kiev:
  • Chicken fillet
  • Butter (if you're even considering using margarine or low fat dairy spread get off my blog right now!) 
  • fresh parsley 
  • garlic

Coating:
  • almond flour 
  • seed mix (I used sunflower and sesame)
  • coconut milk/beaten egg
Using a sharp knife, butterfly your chicken breast or just slice into the top of the fillet to create a pocket for the garlic butter. 


Mince a clove of garlic and mash into a generous knob of butter & chopped parsley.
Press garlic butter into the pocket in the chicken. 


Next dip the chicken into coconut milk or beaten egg, coat in almond flour, and dip into the milk/egg again, before pressing well into the seeds until well coated. 


Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven until cooked through and golden brown. 


Serve with a salad or steamed vegetables. I had this with cauliflower/celeriac mash and steamed broccoli. The best thing about this dinner is that it's uses the simplest natural ingredients and still manages to taste incredible... there's a lesson in there for sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment