Friday 9 May 2014

Steamed Nutella Pudding...

We all know that anybody who made my Nutella last week has long since eaten it with a spoon, and licked the bowl clean. If you've managed some self control, I really really applaud you because it's so good!


I know you're not a dog, but I'm still going to reward you with food... in the form of this AMAZING Steamed Nutella Pudding. It's one of the easiest recipes on GLBTK but looks & tastes like it took far more effort...


If you haven't time to make the Nutella but still like the idea of this dessert, simply replace the Nutella with a square of dark chocolate (81% cocoa solids at least), a tsp of peanut butter (or almond butter if you avoid peanuts) or even a couple of fresh raspberries / homemade fruit purée would be amazing....  

I'm distracted now cos I'm thinking about how amazing a banana flavoured cake would be with a peanut butter centre.... I don't eat peanuts, but I'm sure I'll find a willing taste tester if I give that a go??! 

For the puddings: 
  • 150g butter, melted
  • 3 tbsp Irish honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 large eggs, separated 
  • 175g ground almonds
  • 2 tsp GF baking powder
  • Nutella 

Preheat oven to 170d (fan oven).

Mix melted butter, honey and vanilla together. Beat in egg yolks one at a time. (Make sure the butter mixture is well cooled first or the yolks will begin to cook!)


Stir in the ground almonds and baking powder.


Next, whisk the egg whites until they form firm peaks.


Fold into the almond mixture until well combined.


Spoon batter into the base of 6 individual pudding moulds or ramekins. Top with 1 tsp of Nutella.


Top with the remaining batter.


Place moulds on a shallow baking tray with approx 1" of boiling water in the base. Bake for 12-15 minutes until firm, golden and well risen.


Once baked, turn out of the moulds & serve warm with Greek yoghurt..




No comments:

Post a Comment