Thursday 5 September 2013

Warm chicken salad with tahini dressing



Thursdays are always my stir fry or salad days... it's nearly the end of the week, and I've lots of leftover bits of everything. I hate throwing anything out, so always find a way of making them into a meal. It's a bit frustrating really, because Thursday always seems to be the day that I'm craving something really specific for dinner, but there's no point doing shopping since I'm rarely at home at the weekends. 

So today's craving is steak. The end. I don't want anything with it, just give me a lump of meat and I'll be happy.. Reality sucks sometimes, and I've only got chicken. Cue a very loud sigh... 

I needed to make something with lots of flavour to make up for the lack of dead cow on my plate. I'm quite sulky sometimes, if I don't really feel like eating something, it'll end up in the bin and I'll end up hungry and skulking around the kitchen at 10pm which can only end badly! 

I've had a jar of organic tahini paste waiting to be put to use for a while, so decided to make a warm garlic tahini chicken salad. This literally took 15 minutes to throw together, so no I don't expect a Michelin star for tonight's efforts, though it tasted pretty great.

Marinade 

  • 2 tsp organic tahini paste
  • 2 tbsp sesame oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tsp grated ginger
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp lemon zest
  • pinch of sea salt


Brush chicken breasts with marinade, place in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through. 

While you're waiting, steam whatever vegetables you feel like, or make a quick salad. 

When your chicken is cooked, slice at an angle and serve with your salad/vegetables. Drizzle warm marinade sauce over chicken as a dressing. 



I did warn you that tonight's dinner was nothing fancy! Like I said, it tasted good and I forgot all about steak. You don't have to be a fantastic cook, but we all get bored if we eat the same things all the time so it's good to have a few simple recipe ideas to fall back on if you're in a hurry or just feeling lazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment