Tuesday 25 February 2014

Cheese & Ham Pancakes....


Something a little bit different to the normal GLBTK sweet pancakes that I've been sharing over the past few Pancake Tuesdays... Some people prefer savoury pancakes, and if I'm honest, I wouldn't have included myself in that category until I made these..  but these are awesome!!

If you'd prefer to rustle up some savoury pancakes on Shrove Tuesday, why not give these a try..


I'm a big fan of cheese and frankly a dish that combines cheese, meat and pancakes is a winner for me!

For the pancakes

  • 3 eggs 
  • 3 tbsp buttermilk
  • 2 tbsp ground almonds
  • 1 tsp baking powder 
  • salt & pepper 
  • coconut oil

Whisk all the ingredients together until well combined and frothy.


Melt coconut oil in a pan over moderate heat. Pour large spoonfuls of pancake batter on the hot pan.

Flip when bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pancake.


To serve:
  • 35g Gruyère, grated
  • 3 slices of cooked ham, chopped 

Fill each pancake with a generous amount of cheese and ham. You could replace Gruyère with cheddar or mozzarella ... any melting cheese will be fantastic.


1 comment:

  1. Life is full of many challenges. Challenges that will make you or break you depending on how you handle it. Visit my site for more updates. God Bless to your site.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete