Tuesday 4 February 2014

Chocolate Cheesecake Pancakes....


It seems like every Tuesday has turned into Pancake Tuesday in my house! I'm not a fan of the word "obsession", but I have an obsession with pancakes lately. Every time I go into the supermarket, there they are... smelling amazing and trying to tempt me. They even have mini pancakes to sample... so it's not even a big one... a small one can't hurt right??.... Realistically, probably not... but I'm super stubborn & grains really make me feel horrible so I'd prefer to make them at home.. 


When I make food like this, it's a meal not a snack... so I think about it in such a way when I'm deciding on ingredients.... the key things it needs.... lots of protein & fats and it has to taste YUM! The empty calories you'll take in from eating junk food don't serve to help your nutrition and health goals.... when I eat, I make sure the calories come from quality foods. 


For the pancakes:
  • 2 eggs
  • 50g full fat cottage cheese
  • 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tbsp almond flour
  • 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Using a hand blender, mix all the ingredients together until frothy & well combined. 

Melt a little coconut oil on a pan and allow the pan to heat up.

Pour large spoonfuls of batter onto the pan. 

Once tiny bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes, they are ready to turn. 

These pancakes are really tasty. They're light and chocolatey all at the same time... and the protein 'fluff' ice cream makes them extra tasty! 


Just in case you thought I'd completely succumbed to temptation... I didn't buy caramel sauce in the supermarket! I added 2 tsp of Keen Almond butter to 1 tsp of coconut milk & brought to a boil in a saucepan.... lower heat, stir constantly and watch it thicken into a really tasty sauce! :) 

1 comment:

  1. It seems that there is no other tasty and healthy dish part from pancakes, specially chocolate with cheese is best combination of style and taste. These are different than your typical pancakes. The Chocolate Cheese Pancakes are light, fluffy and have a nice, creamy, rich texture to them. Of course, the chocolate give them an extra kick too. You can also add choco cheese Martabak in your breakfast an authentic Indonesian Martabak.

    ReplyDelete